Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friday is my b-day, is it that big of a deal?

And the answer is, YES!

Friday I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. Let me be the first to wish myself a happy birthday! Ya know, I've always liked birthdays. Not because of the presents and all of the attention, but because, anymore, it's the only time in my life when I can act like a kid. Okay, well, it's the only time I can act like a kid and get away with it!

Friday night I'll head to one of my favorite places in the world, Athens, Ohio! I'll celebrate with some of my favorite people, fellow alumni of Ohio University and, more importantly, the alumni of the Ohio University Marching 110. That's right, all of us old "band geeks" will descend on A-town to watch the current version of the band do what we did 10, 20, 25, 30 and almost 40 years ago! Not much has changed and that's a good thing! It's Homecoming 2009! One of my favorite things about Homecoming weekend in Athens is gathering on Friday night. The percussion section of the current Marching 110 makes its way around Athens, playing a mini-show in all of the bars uptown. All of the younger alumni and current 110 members will cram their way into some of the smaller bars, jockeying for good spots. I used to do this, but, like I said, Friday I'm turning 31 and I'd like to live to see 32. So, I, along with the alumni who are my age and older, will wait for the drummers at BW3's. It's the biggest bar in A-town and it's where the percussion usually wraps up the night. During the past couple of Homecomings, I haven't remembered much about B-dubs the next day. And this year, it's my birthday! Look out Athens, here I come!

By the way, I'll be in A-town by 6, so if you want to buy me a beer for my birthday, I won't turn you down.

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment